I plan to attend this since so many HFCC courses use MyMathLab. I will have to leave somewhat early to attend my 12 o’clock session. This session claims to tell what is coming soon in MyMathLab.
Training information is available at http://mymathlab.com/training-resources
Here is what is coming in the next release:
- MyLabsPlus is talking to Datatel at Jenny Shotwell’s college. It automatically deactivates students who are no longer enrolled, for instance.
- You can stop sub-instructors from making changes. This is especially helpful if you have remote sites around the world.
- The entry page is customized for your school.
- You are assigned a shared technical person when you go to MyLabsPlus.
- The student interface that I replace with my blog has various dashboards, such as a display of grade.
- Multimedia Library is easier to access using expandable menus on the left.
- You can see the number of times that students visited a page in the reports.
- Coordinators can pull data from all sub-sections in one report.
- MyLabsPlus: You need 1000 users. The code alone costs $10 more. With the textbook it is the same price as regular MyMathLab.
- It is easier for novices to drop in other files.
- Since Pearson owns eCollege it can tweak it more than it could with Blackboard.
- You can use institutional purchase.
On an unrelated note, presenters, especially at a commercial session, should not frequently use the adjective retarded.